Friday 27 January 2017

Intertitle Examples



I picked four different movies to look at their intertities for inspiration for my own trailer; Gone Girl, Split, Black Swan and The Machinist. For Gone Girl, I like how the name of the actor is put over a clip of him, as then you know directly who the actor is. I also like how the use of the black swan weathers under the inter titles for black swan, as it fits to the theme of the trailer and shows the importance of it. It also makes the trailer very unique as it is a personal aspect of the trailer that is not bound to be repeated in another. For Split, the inter titles are classically placed over a black background, used to make the writing stand out more and place full attention to it. For the Machinist, the intertitle with the actors name on is very small against the clip, which I find interesting as it doesn't make it the main importance in the clip, whereas with the other three the writing is. For my trailer, I will attempt these different approaches to showing information in my trailer. 


my go:
 



More intertitle research for credits and release dates
Examples:




Mine for Think Twice:

No comments:

Post a Comment