Wednesday 7 December 2016

Double Exposure practice



After doing research into double exposure, I took my photos and decided to try it out myself. On sketch, I uploaded the photos and changed their opacity, making them lighter. That way, the second photo can be seen clearly under it. This is evident with the white background photo, where I used just Spencer and Patrik, which portrays their relationship as he is stuck inside this lie about her. For the rest of the photos, I took inspiration from the posters I looked at with their backgrounds, which followed themes of dark settings and colours. I then put chosen photos ontop of it to see what they looked like. Against the background, I realised that personally I am not a huge fan of the double exposure effect, as I don't think it looks that nice for what I want to be doing, and so it just doesn't work for me. I like the idea of having the main characters all joined and faded out, as it really symbolises the movie, but I don't want to do it. Another problem that occurred when making the double exposure poster is that the photos were all taken at different times and settings, and so the skin tones and shadows are all different on each of the characters. This made the photos look unprofessional, as they are all too unlike to be put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment