Wednesday 7 December 2016

New Poster Ideas


After deciding that the photos and double exposure effect weren't going to work for the print product poster, I decided to refine my searches into movies with missing cases, just like our own. The main movies that came to mine were Prisoners, Gone Girl, and Gone Baby Gone. I decided on these because they are all successful psychological thriller movies, and are movies I am familiar with. When I searched their posters, I noticed that they all have incredibly similar qualities. They all feature photos of the characters in natural settings, such as with the Gone Girl ones, the first three are evidently taken in the home of the Dunne's in natural sceneries, which I really like due to  the fact that it creates an air of simplicity, which I think would work better with my movie Think Twice. The Prisoners posters also feature one character each, which makes the poster look a lot more professional than cramming it with every individual character like what I was trying to do with the double exposure. Both Gone Girl and Gone Baby Gone have posters where the main male is looking away from the camera into scenery like sunset or forests. This is the inspiration I am now going to use for my movie poster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment