Wednesday 23 November 2016


After realising the my original ideas for the movie poster wouldn't work or be suitable, I decided to research into other types of movie posters that I could use that would look more professional and appealing. I typed in one of my favourite movies and looked at the poster for that, which is The Lovely Bones. I really liked how the different colours blend in together and look faint yet bright. I also really like the idea of using double exposure, which is done on the main character of the movie, who is above the tree where she was kidnapped/murdered. This led me to looking at other movie posters with that effect on, to see if I could create my own version for my movie that would represent it correctly. I found these different movie posters through google images, and decided that I would like to try my own version to see if it would work. What I love the most about these movie posters is how they use double exposure, effects and lighting and still incorporate the narrative to inform the audience what the movie is going to be about. 

Below is a quick sketch of what the movie poster could potentially look like. 

No comments:

Post a Comment