Tuesday 22 November 2016

Movie Posters Idea




I sketched out some ideas for the possible movie poster after looking at the examples in the collage. I took inspiration from the eyes and facial expressions mostly, and so I quickly planned two possible movie posters that I could draft and get feedback for off my audience. 

The first poster features the eyes of the main cast; Spencer, Patrik, Jason, Sally, Craig and Lopez. I did this because it looks slightly psyedicl when I imagine it, and so I hope it can look professional and unique to attract my target audience. The eyes will all be looking in different directions, which will just add to the element of mystery. The next poster idea will feature half face of the six main characters, showing their emotions. Their picture will explain their involvement in the movie by that one facial image, as that will put emphasis on their role and make it look more intriguing. 



Below are the movie posters drafted using sketch. 

I took a sample image off of google images of a pair of eyes, and quickly cropped them out and put them in a row like how I planned on the paper. In the real one, all the eyes will be different for each character, but for now I just practiced creating it on Sketch so that I can see what it will look like. I also added our final movie logo to the bottom, which stands out agains the black background. I used black against that as I wanted it to look harsh and very modern, as it reminds me of movie posters like Requiem for a Dream or The Hand That Rocks the Cradle. I also added the acting credits at the top of the poster, which is done on posters to show the audience who is acting in it. I haven't included all the slogans or dates or other credits yet because I was just drafting and practicing so that I can get feedback. Next to the eye one are similar posters, except for the background. I have cropped an image of a man six times to practice the poster, and put them next to each other to see how it would look. I put the title at the top and the credits at the bottom, just to mix things up from the last idea. I tried two different backgrounds because they both look professional and realistic, and both suit the psychological thriller genre as they conform to the colour scheme. I also made another eye poster, but this time I cropped the eyes out of the flesh. I did this because it looks more creepy and psychedelic against the white background, which I like  for our narrative as it is a creepy story. The final logo and acting credits appear on all the posters to make them look professional and well made. 
I also like these two ideas because they don't give a lot about the narrative away, as they are very open to interpretations.

No comments:

Post a Comment